SD-NSC Workshop 2022
San Diego Nathan Shock Center Workshop 2022
On Friday March 25th of 2022, the San Diego Nathan Shock Center offered a workshop in a hybrid format featuring updates from the three scientific Cores: the Human Cell Models of Aging Core, the Heterogeneity of Aging Core, and the Integrative Models of Aging Core; a Keynote address titled “Building multidisciplinary research in understanding aging biology” by Dr. Meng Wang from Baylor College of Medicine, 2021 Pilot Grant Awardees presentations, and a Career Panel Session including professionals from academia and industry.
Additionally, the in-person version of the event focused on enriching the Pilot Grant and Mentorship program by offering the 2021 and 2022 awardees the opportunity of in-person mentorship meetings, Q&A sessions, and networking, to contribute to advance their pilot projects and careers.
Click here to download the workshop poster and find the presentations and recordings below:
Heterogeneity Core (Recording)
- Spatial-omics at Salk and SBP. Peter Adams, SBP (Slides)
- Age-related changes to cochlear hair cell organelle morphology. Uri Manor, Salk (Slides)
- Mass Spectrometry. Jolene Diedrich, Salk (Slides)
- Studying aging at single-cell resolution. Nasun Hah, Salk (Slides)
Alexey Terskikh (SBP) – Heterogeneity of epigenetic landscape at single cell level.
Career Development Panel. (Recording)
Moderated by Alessandra Sacco, SBP.
- Academia – Timothy Huang, Assistant Professor at Sanford Burnham Prebys Medical Discovery Institute
- Industry – Daniel Oliver, CEO and Co-Founder of RejuvenateBio
- Core Facilities – Yoav Altman, Flow Cytometry Core Director at Sanford Burnham Prebys Medical Discovery Institute
- Scientific Writing – Monica May, Communications Officer in the Department of Neurological Surgery at UCSD and Vice President of the San Diego Science Writers Association
Please visit the Funding and Workshops page of the San Diego Nathan Shock Center site to find out about future workshop or symposiums offered by our center and email us at email@example.com if you have any questions.