In the event of a major emergency affecting the campus, check the status of the Institute by using one of the methods below:
- Emergency status updates will be posted on this web page periodically as conditions change or more information becomes available.
- Call (858) 453-4100 – A recorded message reporting the status of the Institute, advising on campus closure and work schedules.
Free SD Emergency smartphone apYour family may not be together when disaster strikes, so it is important to plan in advance:
- how you will contact one another;
- how you will get back together; and
- what you will do in different disaster situations.
The free SD Emergency App contains disaster preparedness information, interactive checklists to help you to create your emergency plan, build an emergency supplies kit, and when disaster strikes; the SD Emergency App will keep you and your family informed with emergency updates, interactive emergency maps, and shelter locations.
Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA):
Department of Homeland Security (DHS):
San Diego County Office of Emergency Services (SDOES)
American Red Cross (ARC)
All inquiries from the press should be sent to the Communications Office. The Communications Office will manage all of Salk’s official comments and requests from media.
Phone: (858) 453-4100 x1371
Fax: (858) 453-3015