In the event of a major emergency affecting the campus, check the status of the Institute by using one of the methods below:
- Call (858) 453-4100 – A recorded message reporting the status of the Institute, advising on campus closure and work schedules will be heard.
- Consult the Salk website: http://www.salk.edu for status of emergency and information available. Emergency status will be determined according to the following:
- how you will contact one another;
- how you will get back together; and
- what you will do in different disaster situations.
Free SD Emergency smartphone apYour family may not be together when disaster strikes, so it is important to plan in advance:
The free SD Emergency App contains disaster preparedness information, interactive checklists to help you to create your emergency plan, build an emergency supplies kit, and when disaster strikes; the SD Emergency App will keep you and your family informed with emergency updates, interactive emergency maps, and shelter locations.
Ready San Diego
SD County Office of Emergency Services County of San Diego
CA Office of Emergency Services
All inquiries from the press should be sent to the Communications Office. The Communications Office will manage all of Salk’s official comments and requests from media.
Phone: (858) 453-4100 x1371
Fax: (858) 453-3015