Due to the COVID-19 crisis, the Salk Institute campus is closed to all visitors and tours for the immediate future.
If you would like to be notified when the Institute reopens, please sign up below:
Recreational Photography and Videography
The following rules/guidelines for photography and videography at the Salk must be adhered to by all visitors. These are not all inclusive. Salk staff/security reserve the right to ask any visitor to leave if they determine that their behavior is in violation of photo policy or is disruptive to the Institute.
In addition, people photographing and filming at Salk must adhere to the following guidelines:
- Recreational photography and videography is allowable. This includes the use of one hand-held camera for personal use only.
- Props, special lighting devices (such as off-camera flashes) and costumes are not permitted.
- Professional/Commercial photography and filming for purposes of theatrical release, industrial use and public service announcements is not permitted.
- Wedding, engagement, graduation, family portrait, model portfolio, student projects/portfolios and other types of formal and commissioned personal photography and videography are not permitted.
- Use of drones is not permitted.
- Use of selfie-sticks is not permitted.