San Diego NCI Cancer Center Council (C3)
Hosted by the Salk Institute Cancer Center
Reuben Shaw, Director
The C3 is a collaboration of San Diego’s three NCI designated Cancer Centers:
- Salk Institute NCI Cancer Center
- Sanford Burnham Prebys NCI Cancer Center
- UCSD Moores NCI Cancer Center
Padres Pedal the Cause beneficiaries include:
- Salk Institute Cancer Center
- Sanford Burnham Prebys Cancer Center
- UCSD Moores Cancer Center
- Rady Children’s Hospital
- La Jolla Institute of Allergy and Immunology
Our Mission is to leverage the collaborative opportunities offered by the close proximity of these centers for the prevention, diagnosis, treatment and ultimate cure of cancer by:
- Facilitating collaborative cancer research.
- Leveraging resources, including shared resources and expertise.
- Organizing joint scientific initiatives.
- Facilitating interactions with other research entities in the public and private sector.