Explore Salk event will take place on Saturday, October 27, 2018!
Join us in celebrating the legacy of our founder, Jonas Salk. The San Diego community is welcome at the Salk Institute for the fifth Explore Salk. This special free, open house offers many unique, family-friendly learning opportunities, including:
- Hands-on experiments for children of all ages hosted by Salk’s Education Outreach program and the San Diego Children’s Discovery Museum Mobile Exhibit
- Conversations with Salk scientists and research demonstrations
- Presentations by esteemed Salk faculty
- Self-guided architecture tours of the iconic campus
- Trick or treating for kids; who are welcome to dress up as their favorite scientist
The Salk Institute embodies Jonas Salk’s mission to dare to make dreams into reality. We explore the very foundations of life, seeking new realities in neuroscience, genetics, immunology, plant biology and more. We are small by choice, intimate by nature, fearless in the face of any challenge and we live to discover.