In addition to being one of the world's preeminent scientific research institutions, the Salk Institute is a historical and architectural landmark. Visitors from all around the world visit our campus, which is open to the public every weekday from 6:00 am to 6:00 pm and is closed on weekends.
Recreational Photography Photography by campus guests and visitors is permitted on the Salk campus, provided that such activities do not interfere with the research or other ordinary functions of the Institute including previously scheduled Institute events. Such activities may not pose a security or safety risk. People photographing at Salk must comply with all Salk rules, policies and the instructions of Salk staff members.
In addition, people photographing at Salk must adhere to the following guidelines:
- Recreational shots are considered to be people who use one hand-held camera, unless special permission is received through the Office of Communications.
- No use of props, special lighting devices (such as off-camera flashes) or costumes.
- Respect other visitors and Salk staff by speaking quietly and behaving appropriately, as if you were at an art gallery or library.
- No horseplay in the fountains or the stream flowing through the courtyard.
- Children must be directly supervised by a responsible adult at all times.
Professional/Commercial Photography Professional/Commercial photography for purposes of theatrical release, industrial use, public service announcements or commissioned personal photography is not permitted.
For more information please contact Chris Emery at email@example.com.