- To schedule, call x1731 or email email@example.com
- The available time slots are 10am, 12pm, 2pm and 4pm. There are two slots at each time except at 4pm which can take as much as 9 plates to run overnight. Can take more if it is on a Friday.
- Deliver plate along with the request form on or before the scheduled time. Please leave the plate with form in the refrigerator by the entrance of FGL.
- Data will be immediately uploaded to the server for user to download, except the 4pm runs, when files will be ready the next morning.
- For first time QPCR user, please contact IT to set up the access to server for download run files.
1. Inoculate colonies in up to 5 ml LB or TB with appropriate antibiotic in 14 ml Falcon tubes (BD 352059). Close cap loosely.
Label the tubes with first and last initial followed by a numerical ID (Example AB01, AB02, etc.) Place samples in the first numerically available slot in the 37 degree shaker on the fourth floor of the south building, directly above NGS core. The samples will be processed in the numerical order on the slots.
Note: 14 ml Falcon tubes are the only tubes that will be accepted by the Robot. Samples sent in all other kinds of tubes will not be processed.
2. Fill out the spreadsheet on the top of the shaker. Make sure the slot ID matches the spreadsheet ID.
3. To minimize the handling error and for easy distribution of the DNA, the number of samples submitted should be in multiples of 8. For example: 8, 16, 24, etc. The minimum number of samples is 8. You will be charged for the cost of 8 samples even if you submit only 6 samples.
4. Samples will be done before noon the following day.
Note: In order for your samples to be processed the following day, you have to grow your cultures using core’s designated shaker.
5. You will be notified by email when your samples are ready to be picked up. Please pick up your samples by 3:00 pm that day.
Note: The Functional Genomics Core Facility will not be responsible for any samples that are not picked up by this time.
6. For those of you who have 96 samples altogether, the core will provide you with a 96 deep well block for inoculation. This will save you the time and effort of inoculating in tubes.