Holding an Event at Salk
The Salk Institute has extremely limited availability for outside events; however, 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations may ask about availability to reserve meeting space, for a fee tailored to expenses incurred by the Institute. It is strongly recommended that inquiries be made at least 12 months in advance of the date of your event. There is no venue availability for the next 3 months.
Please note: The Salk Institute is not available for events by a for-profit company, or for weddings, receptions, reunions, bar mitzvahs and other personal social occasions.
Venue and Pricing:
Estimated average pricing for nighttime event: $8,000 – $10,000
Estimated average pricing for 1-day symposium: $9,000 – $11,000
- The Conrad T. Prebys Auditorium seats 295 and has a small stage. It is equipped with a projector, A/V screen, audio ceiling speakers, DVD, microphones, conference phone, Internet access and controlled lighting.
- The Salk Foyer can accommodate 160 guests for a sit-down dinner or up to 250 for a reception-style event. It is equipped with a projection screen, overhead projector, Internet access and controlled lighting.
- The Salk Institute’s outside courtyards and lawns are not available for reservations.
- Recreational shoots are permitted and are considered to be photographers who use one hand-held camera without the use of any additional photo/video equipment. While taking photos, please respect other visitors and Salk staff. Any other type of photo or video shoot must be arranged with our Communications department (858) 453-4100 x1371. Click here for photo guidelines.
- Visitor Parking: Limited free parking is available for visitors to the Salk Institute along Torrey Pines Scenic Drive, Salk Institute Road and in the Torrey Pines Gliderport parking lot. Paid public parking is available for an hourly rate at the Sanford Consortium immediately across from the east end of the Salk Institute. Click here for map of the Salk Institute campus.
Please fill out the form below to inquire about availability.