Salk Introduction to Research Science and Communication Virtual Program
We are proud to offer a virtual program for high school students this summer. This program will use Salk Education Outreach expertise in science communication to equip students with skills that will make them better candidates for future careers in science.
The Salk Introduction to Research Science and Communication Virtual Program is inspired by the professional development opportunities that have been a part of the Heithoff-Brody Summer Scholars program. Program elements will include scientific readings, data analysis, science presentation delivery and virtual lab simulations.
2021 Program Details
- 6/28-7/30 with additional presentation slots 8/2-6.
- The program is not limited to San Diego county residents, the program is open to all US residents enrolled in high school during the 2021 academic year.
- Students that complete the program will receive a certificate of completion.
- On average 5-10 hours per week commitment.
- Program is self-paced with weekly assignments and Zoom meetings (schedule TBD).
- Selection process – opt-in by completing the form linked below. Only one entry per student will be accepted. Deadline to submit an opt-in request: March 31, 2021. Opt-in requests will be used to select participants by lottery.
- Students will be notified of lottery results the week of April 19-23, 2021.
During these unprecedented circumstances, we are pleased to continue to offer this innovative programming solution. This program will allow us to continue to develop students’ scientific communication skills while Salk scientists devote their full attention to the research mission of the Salk Institute.
The program lottery for the Introduction to Research Science and Communication Virtual Program is now closed.
For more information on this program, please contact the Education Outreach Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that we value student-led engagement and encourage students to advocate on their own behalf.