Fundraising tips and tools
Why do people want to support you?
- They know and want to support you.
- The Salk Institute means something to them.
- They know their donation can make an impact on the lives of the people the Salk Institute serves.
- Start fundraising as early as possible
- Spread the word!
- Just ask! Remember...if you don't ask, you don't get
- Add a line in your email signature about donating
- Email everyone you know
- Let people know about your personal connection to Step into Discovery and the Salk Institute
- Tell people about last year's event and tie it to your motivation for this year
- Use social media! Ask everyone to share the word about your fundraising efforts for Step into Discovery on their Facebook and Twitter pages
- Get creative! Consider conducting your own fundraising event
Become a Walk for Salk fundraiser and increase your impact on supporting the Salk Institute! After your final donations are tallied, you'll be awarded a prize based on the total amount of money you raised.
Ask family, friends and colleagues to support you and you will be eligible to receive prizes such as:
- Movie passes or theater tickets – raise $100
- Tickets to local museums, attractions, or sporting events – raise $250
- Restaurant gift certificates – raise $500
- Hotel packages for area hotels and resorts – raise $1,000 or more