- Biochemistry of Inflammation Symposium
April 6, 2015
1:00 – 5:00 p.m.
Conrad T. Prebys Auditorium
- Neil Shubin,
University of Chicago – Finding Your Inner Fish
- Charles Perou, University of North Carolina – Breast Cancer Genomics: From the Individual to the Population
- Helen Blau, Stanford University – Channeling Stem Cell Fate and Nuclear Reprogramming
- David Chan, California Institute of Technology – Metabolism Control of Mitochondrial Dynamics
- Shoukhrat Mitalpov, Oregon Health and Science University – Human Therapeutic Cloning: Step Forward in Reprogramming and Regenerative Medicine
- James Chen, UT Southwestern – The Danger from Within – Innate Immune Sensing and Signaling of Cytosolic DNA and RNA
- Grahame Hardie, University of Dundee – AMP-activated protein kinase: friend or foe in cancer?
- Ruslan Medzhitov,
Yale School of Medicine –
Inflammation, Homeostasis & Disease
- Siddartha Mukherjee,
Columbia University Medical Center –
The Emperor of All Maladies: A Biography of Cancer
- Richard Young, Whitehead Institute – Control of gene expression programs
We are pleased to welcome Alan Saghatelian as the newest faculty member to Salk and the Helmsley Center for Genomic Medicine upon the unanimous recommendation by the Appointments Committee. Dr. Saghatelian will join the Institute as a Professor in the Clayton Foundation Laboratories for Peptide Biology when he opens his laboratory in 2014.