5 simple steps to becoming a BTC user:
- Contact us to request specific tests -OR- consult with us to develop a model for you
- Fill out a Service Request Form and obtain estimated cost of testing
- Add procedures to a new or existing IACUC protocol. BTC can provide IACUC ready procedures and assistance with the submission process
- BTC provides training to investigator’s personnel for independent equipment use -OR- BTC can provide full testing service
- Collect raw data -OR- request BTC provide the data analyses, summaries, or reports
The Behavior Testing Core is supported in part by the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS), Center Core Grant and is open to all investigators within the Salk community on a nominal re-charge basis. The goal of this generous award is to provide additional resources for the progress of NINDS funded research. Under this grant, priority is given to Neuroscience Center Investigators, however, every effort is made to ensure BTC services are available when needed to all members of the Salk community. BTC provides projected core-use budgets for future grant submissions.
To further support the goal of BTC in providing an innovative resource for the Salk Research community, investigators are expected to award authorship or acknowledgement to core personnel, dependent on intellectual contribution, with BTC generated data.